Thursday, June 23, 2011

Our Week

This has been a busy week. Saturday, Leighton took Jake to the Father/Son Cookout at church. They arrived early (2:00 pm) to set up and stayed late (8:00 pm) to clean up. That gave Alyssa, Zac, and me plenty of time to finish up Leighton's father's day present, do some gardening, make cinnamon rolls, and shop at CVS. 

Sunday, Father's day, started with the surprise cinnamon rolls (We have an extra fridge in the basement where I stashed the uncooked rolls until morning.) and the book we made for Leighton. Then we headed to church. After that, we celebrated the day with my parents and grandparents at Andiamo's. Then it was back home for a nap and back to church for the evening service. 

Monday, the kids and I had a play-date with good friends of ours. They splashed in the pool, dumped out every bin and pulled out every toy in the house, ate lunch, laughed and sounded like a herd of elephants. On our way home, they asked, "Can we go back again tomorrow?" I think that means they had a good time.

1) Zac was sleeping on the chair. 2) I don't know where Jake was. 3) I have no idea how Buzz got in our picture.
Tuesday, Leighton and I celebrated eight wonderful years of marriage. He brought home two dozen red roses on Monday night so I could "enjoy them all day." Isn't he sweet? I wanted to make him some fancy-shmancy cake for the occasion. But what does he request? Plain ol' chocolate chip cookies. I'll never understand that man. I love 'im, but I don't understand 'im.

I used a mixture of white chips and milk and dark chocolate chunks (cut up candy bars again because we have no chips.)
We dropped the kids off at my parents' and went to dinner at Abuelo's. It was our first time there and we loved it. Great food, great service, great company. It was, however, strangely . . . quiet. No kids talking, laughing, rolling crayons onto the floor, talking, wondering when the food will come, pointing at other people, asking question after question, talking, talking, talking.  

Instead, we got to talk. We reminisced about our how we fell in love, our wedding day, the births of our children, and our innumerable blessings. You know, all that mushy stuff. I am beyond thankful that the Lord made us for each other. I have been blessed far more than I deserve.

June 21, 2003
So, that's what we've been up to. Well, that and laundry and dishes and vacuuming and ironing and cooking and  . . . I don't think you really want to hear about all that though. Do you?

Did you do anything special this week? How did you honor your father/husband?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment