I have a Theory Thursday post to get up, but I'm waiting on Leighton to edit the video for me (he's so handy.) So, I figured I'd move straight to today's post for now.
1. The kids noticed Leighton's hunting gear when they woke up in the morning. They were very sad that he was going to be gone. When he called me a little later, Alyssa wanted to talk to him. I handed her the phone. She said in her whiniest, saddest little voice, "Daddy, can't you just stay home?"
2. Out of nowhere, Alyssa told me "I'm never going to flush myself down the toilet." Good to know, Honey. Good to know.
3. Alyssa was eating a fresh banana pepper and said, "Oh no, don't let Daddy see this food!"
Me: "Why not?"
Alyssa: "He'll be mad I'm eating his pepper."
Me: "He won't be mad."
Alyssa: "Oh, he's friendly?"
5. Zac turned 2 yesterday. What a wonderful couple of years it's been! We celebrated a few weeks ago with the whole family. Yesterday, just the 5 of us enjoyed the day together. Every time I ask, "How old are you?" he says "free." I know that time goes by waaaay to fast for my liking, but I'm pretty sure I did not lose a whole year somewhere, right? No, Zac, not 3. You're 2. "Free."
6. Alyssa picked out the un-popped kernels from the popcorn bowl. She's planning to plant them and watch them grow into popcorn trees. If it works, I'll have her plant some dollar bills next.
7. Alyssa, whining: "I don't like these shoes."
Me: "Why not, Honey?"
Alyssa: "Because they hurt."
Me: "How do they hurt?"
Alyssa: "They hurt my feelings. I don't like black."