Friday, February 24, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 2/24/12

1. Jake: "I want to be a daddy when I grow up. I'm not sure what else I want to be though. I just want to be whatever God wants me to when I grow up."

2. If the kids leave food sitting out too long and it gets stale, I throw it out to the squirrels and birds. The other day, Zac had taken a few bites out of a doughnut (my dad sometimes gives us the leftover doughnuts from his Chiropractic office) and let it sit on the table for hours without touching it. Since the doughnut was already a day or so old, I didn't mind and just threw it out the front door. A while later,  Zac was looking out the front window. I heard him yell, "No, squirrely! No eat my doughnut!!!" 

3. Alyssa woke up one morning with a raspy voice. She talked to me for a minute and then looked very confused. "My voice doesn't sound like me."  

4. Playing a Spiderman video game while wearing a Batman shirt and spy sunglasses

5. I was talking to Leighton when Zac sneezed. I didn't respond, so he reprimanded me, "Say, 'bess me,' Mommy."

6. I love watching my kids play together. Jake is such a great big brother. All Zac has to ask is "Bub-bub, make my train, please?" And Jake will set the track up.
 
7. I wasn't feeling very well one day and did not feel like dirtying my food processor to make biscuits for dinner, giving me more dishes to wash. I grabbed a can of refrigerated crescent rolls that I picked up a few weeks ago for a certain recipe that I never made. Leighton said he didn't even know that we had refrigerated rolls since I haven't really bought them in a year or so. As we were sitting down for dinner, Jake said, "Heeeey, I remember these." Yeah, it's been a while.

8. Jake: "I weigh almost 60 pounds."
Me: "Hmm, I don't think so."
Jake: "It says 4-0."
Me: "That's 40."
Jake: "I know. I said almost 60."


Pin It

2 comments: