Friday, January 18, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 1/18/13

Happy Friday! This week started with some negatives (being in the hospital, entire family having the stomach flu, children having bad attitudes) and ended with a bunch of positives (coming home! feeling better! good check-up!) But the top 2 praises for the week??? Tyler did not have any bad reactions to the medication! And his treatment was cut by a couple weeks, so he has only 1 week left to go!

As I type this post, I'm listening to Zac and Tyler laugh and play. Their giggles bring a smile to my face. I cannot help but thank God for this wonderful life.

Here are some more aspects from the week that make me smile.


1. Listening to Jake argue with Alyssa that strawberry milk is better for you than chocolate milk because it has strawberries in it.

2. Tyler learned to shake his head.

3. I know I shared this picture on Wednesday, but the story behind it is even more precious than that beautiful smile. After almost 2 weeks of being on the antibiotic, he had 2 horrible reactions and spent more time in the hospital. (The whole story will be written soon.) We changed some things around, and here he is getting the antibiotic again. Reaction free and as happy as can be!



4. Zac calling a caterpillar a "calerpitter." 

5. Jake: "And then we can eat the rat."
Me: "Yuck! We don't eat rats."
Jake: "Yum! They're meat."

6. Zac: "Mom! There's so many people in my room!"
Me: "Really?!? Who's in there?"
Zac: "Alyssa."

7. Jake: "I love you."
Me: "I love you, too."
Zac: No, you don't lub her! I lub her!"

8. Jake: "On Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader, have you ever seen someone who was?"
Me: "Hmm, I don't think so."
Jake: "Well, Papa is. He answered all the questions right every time."

9. Leighton mentioned something about Twinkies. Jake, innocently asked, "What are Twinkies?"

10. Grandma:  "Zac, you didn't finish your ice cream."
Zac: 'But it's sooo cold."

11. Zac, about a cardinal in the backyard: "He has a black face."
Grandma: "Yes, it's like he has on a mask."
Zac: "Yeah, he's a super hero!"


What made you smile this week?


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I don't think my littles would know what twinkies were either.

    ReplyDelete