Friday, September 27, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 9/27/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5½), Zac (3½), Tyler (1½)


Happy Friday!  This was a special week. Alyssa turned 5-and-a-half and three days later, Tyler turned 1-and-a-half! All four kids are halves now, ha. Leighton and Jake went hunting over the weekend for their annual trip with the men in the family. Leighton and my uncle both shot a deer, so we have some venison in the freezer. We did some more canning, lots of reading, and plenty of smiling. 


1. Zac: "Mommy, do you love Alyssa?"
Me: "Of course I love Alyssa."
Zac: "You can't. She's being mean to me. You only love me."

2. Alyssa, on her half birthday when she gets to choose the activities: "After breakfast, can we do school?"

3. Alyssa, shocked: "Mom, Mimi grew! She's not just a doll--she grew! I used to be able to put her in the high chair, but her legs are too long and fat now."

4. 

5. Zac using his little hand to squish my cheeks together and give me a kiss.

6. Jake, sincerely: "I love having Alyssa and Zac. Whenever I'm not doing anything, they come and jump on my back."

7. Me: "How did you you get so smart?"
Zac: "Haha, I just am!"
Me: "Who taught you things?"
Zac: "Gramma!" 

8. Jake: "Tyler's really happy that he's a year-and-a-half. I don't think he's ever been happier."

9.

10. Zac, sitting at the table: "Mom, do you remember that I want to marry Cinderella?"
Me: "Yes, I do."
Zac, coyly: "She's on Alyssa's cup. She's smiling at me." . . . {baffled} "She's still smiling at me."

11. Alyssa kept talking with a southern twang, so Jake told her, "Alyssa, stop talking like that! Only Dad can talk funny."

12. Alyssa: "I'm going to make mancakes. They're pancakes and they're shaped like a man! Mancakes! Get it?"

13. {Tyler grabs all the toys and causes trouble.}
Alyssa, sweetly: "Mommy, can you put Tyler to bed, please? He's really tired."
{Tyler picks up her toy and chews on it.}
Alyssa, even sweeter: "See, he's even hungry. Can you put him in his high chair and feed him, please?" 

14. Alyssa, twirling her dress: "Am I pretty? Am I pretty enough to dance?"
Jake: "Uh uh."
Me: "Jacob!"
Jake, smiling: "Well, she asked."


What made you smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment