Friday, October 18, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 10/18/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5½), Zac (3½), Tyler (1½)


Happy Friday! It has been a tiring, stressful, sickness-and-injury-filled week. I am thankful for the weekend. Last Saturday, we took the kids to the cider mill for cider and donuts and followed it up with apple picking at my brother's. We have a fun family day planned for tomorrow, too. There are always many reasons to smile.


1. Me, reading: ". . . I heard there's a new jungle gym with a sweet set of monkey bars this year."
Zac: "Ooh, yummy! I want to eat them!"
Jake, disgusted: "Ewe, you want to eat metal? Gross."
Me: "I think he's thinking of monkey bread."
Jake: "O-o-o-oh."

2. Alyssa was able to ride with Leighton in his big work truck to take it back to the yard. A pair of his work gloves was sitting in the center console between them. She is very much like her mommy . . . 
Alyssa: "Daddy, did you know that if you move this glove {points to the top glove} up a little it will line up with the other one?"
Leighton: "Would like me to do that?"
Alyssa: "Well... only if you want to."
Leighton: "Would you like to do that?"
Alyssa: {nods a confirmation, then moves the glove}

3.

4. Zac was ecstatic to be wearing his "camel" pants. (aka camo)

5. Tyler was helping me clean the kitchen. Every time I would sweep the crumbs in a pile, he would scoop them up and drop them on a different part of the floor.

6. Zac, surprised: "It's fall?"
Me: "Yes, it's fall."
Zac: "All day it's fall?"

7. I was teaching the kids that when I'm reading them a story and they need to say something, it's not nice to interrupt. Instead, they just need to raise their hand or move it near me so I see it. When I finish the sentence, I'll stop reading and answer them. One minute after I started reading again, Zac slapped his hand on my leg. I stopped to see what was so important. "What happens," he asked, "if an eyeball gets wet with lava?"

8. Two minutes after I answered the lava question, his little hand was waving frantically next to me . . .
Me: "Yes?"
Zac: "What if your nose gets red and red and red and red and red and red and red and reddish?" 

9. Alyssa: "I'm glad you have only one daughter."
Me: "You do? Why's that?"
Alyssa: "I like it being just you and me." 

10. Jake: "I like homemade stuff better than store stuff. With food, it taste much better, too."

11. Alyssa, sweetly: "Every night when you pray with me, you thank Jesus for giving me to you. That's my favorite part. You're the best mom in the whole world."


What made you smile?

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. #2. Love how the family traits get passed down from generation to generation. :)

    ReplyDelete