Friday, January 31, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 1/31/14

Jake (8), Alyssa (5½), Zac (4), Tyler (1½) 


Happy Friday! It's a big list this week, so let's Smile!


1. Alyssa: "I don't want to clean my room. There's a multitude of toys."

2. Me, after giving him something: "How about thank you, Zac?"
Zac: "Thank you, Zac."

3.  Jake: "I watched an Angry Birds Toons once that was a Halloween one. There was a bird that was dressed up with an axe sticking out of his head."
Me: "Eww, that's morbid."
Jake: "Morbid? Who's he?"

4.

5. Me: "Oh, Tyler."
Alyssa: "What did he do this time?"

6. Jake: "I want a bread sandwich."
Me: "A bread sandwich?"
Jake: "Yeah, it's just 3 pieces of bread."

7. Zac, at night, about a lit-up flag: "I saw an American flag! And it glows in the dark!"

8. Zac: "I wish we could live at Gramma's."
Me: "You do? Why?"
Zac: "So we could see Gramma all the time! . . . And so Papa could go to the store and buy us doughnuts."

9. Me: "You guys have quite the mess out here."
Jake, appreciatively: "Thank you."
10. Helping daddy make breakfast.

11. Zac, a few minutes after waking up: "I'm hungry. I think I want candy."

12. Alyssa, singing: "Hark the herald angels sing, glory to the newborn king. Peace on earth and mercy smiled . . ."  

13. Alyssa: "Mom, I think we have more marbles than you now, because you've been losing yours!"

14. Jake: "Is my hair getting brown?"
Me: "No, it's still blond. It's just not as light as it used to be. It is getting darker."
Jake: {sad face} "I want it to stay blond, like Dad's."
Me: "You're going to end up with brown hair and blue eyes. Like your mommy."
Jake: "Ugh."
Me: "What's wrong with being a little like your mommy? You already have your daddy's face."
Jake: "Ok. I'm good then."

15. Jake: "Zachary! Just because you can throw things, doesn't mean you have the freedom to throw them at my Legos."


What made you Smile this week?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment