Friday, June 13, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 6/13/14

Jake (8½), Alyssa (6), Zac (4½), Tyler (2)


Happy Friday! Things have really slowed down at home lately with my not feeling well. This week has been a little bit better though, and I've been able to catch up on a few things around the house. I've even been able to get back in the kitchen a bit to make some yummy things, like cinnamon and sugar doughnuts. It's been a pretty good week with many reasons to Smile.


1. While doing school, we were talking about words with irregular plurals. After I gave a few examples, I asked the kids for some. Jake immediately said, "Paczki!"

2. Alyssa: "I like when paper is in a nice and neat pile."

3. Tyler watching the cotton from our cottonwood tree blowing all around and excitedly shouting, "Bubbles!"

4. This picture cracks me up! The kids were outside playing and taking random pictures (my camera was full of hilarious kid-selfies). They explained how they staged these, and then I watched a few in process. Jake would tell the others how to stand and they'd pose for him. They had so much fun!

* No child was harmed in the capturing of these images.

5. Zac: "Mommy, can I have another piece of paper, please?"
Me: "Hmm, what do I get?"
Zac: "Kiss!"


6. Alyssa wanted to read as long as Jake does every day. She didn't make it the 90 minutes that he's required to read, but 50 minutes for a 6-year-old is pretty impressive.

7. School plans changed one day: 
I told the kiddos they could play for a few minutes before school while I finished up some things and got Tyler down for a nap. Instead of playing, Jake found our audio biography of Jacob DeShazer from YWAM Publishing. They all sat and listened to part of the story of this missionary to Japan and his forgiveness toward his enemies. That was better than what I had planned for the day anyway.

8, Zac, getting ready to play outside, "Do I need my snow boots?" because the cotton from the tree was all over the ground and looks like snow.  

9. Zac: "Why does watermelon have to be so watery?"

10. Me: "I think Blue Baby (stuffed animal) needs a bath."
Zac: "Why? She's not dirty."
Me: "Oh, yes, she is."
Zac, inspecting the bear all over: "What, this? That's just old California."

11. Zac, after Leighton walked me to the car with an umbrella in the rain: "That was nice."
Me: "Yes, it was. Are you going to do that for your wife one day?"
Zac: "Yeah! I hope you're the wife."


What made you Smile this week?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment