Jake (8½), Alyssa (6), Zac (4½), Tyler (2)
Happy Friday! Leighton and I celebrated our 11th anniversary last Saturday. It's already amazing to me how quickly times goes, and I know it's only going to seem faster. We celebrated by going away for a long weekend by ourselves. We walked by the water, did a little geocaching, did some shopping, and just enjoyed each other. My parents watched all 4 kids for us, and though they had a good weekend as well, theirs was not nearly as relaxing as ours, ha. I'm extremely thankful for my family.
2. Tyler, after Alyssa kissed his cheek: "Gank gou." (thank you)
3. Alyssa using the iPad to making flamingo sounds, trying to attract one from the zoo to our house.
4. Jake, after eating a glazed doughnut muffin: "That just put a party in my stomach!"
5. Watching the kids run through the sprinkler.
6. Me: "Apple cider vinegar is one of the best things for you."
Alyssa, making a face: "It's the worst thing I like."
7. Zac: "Wow! You got 30 points! I only got 40."
Jake, laughing: "Did you hear that Mom? I got 30, and he only got 40. Are you going to put that on Things That Make You Smile?"
8. Alyssa: "I'm afraid of heights. I'm still learning not to be."
9. Jake: "Zachary, you really, really need to grow up."
10. Alyssa, in the house: "I think the desert heat is moving in."
11. Zac, dreamily: "I'm gonna fall in love with you, Mom . . . Actually, I already am 'cause I kiss you all the time."
12. Jake: "Do they have the Little Rascals in color?"
My Mom: "No, they didn't have color back then."
Alyssa: "Did they live in black and white?"
What made you Smile this week?