Saturday, August 9, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 8/8/14

 Jake (8½), Alyssa (6), Zac (4½), Tyler (2)


Happy Weekend! I've actually felt better this week than I have in a while, not great, but definitely much better. We did some baking, a little canning, and preparing for a yard sale today. And we found many reasons to Smile.



1. Jake, about a cucumber: "Can I cut some, please?"
Me: "As long as you're careful."
Jake, confidently: "I'm always careful. Except for the time I cut my finger."

2. Zac: "Ty's doing Lego angels." (like snow angels, but in a pile of Legos.)

3. Leighton: "No, that's European."
Alyssa: "My what?!?"

4. Watching the kids play the iPad together.
 
5. Zac: "The future's not even real. It's just a part of a movie. Some people think it's real, but it's not."

6. Alyssa: "Zac licked my pancake!"
Me: "Zac, why did you do that?"
Zac, smiling: "Because it's really yummy. And it's the biggest."

7. Leighton was outside cutting the grass when he sneezed. Tyler was watching out the window and said, "Bess you, Daddy."

8. Alyssa, while cooking eggs: "I'm the messiest chef ever."

9. Zac: "Mom! Tyler's playing with the toilet paper!"
 
10. Me: "Tyler! I told you not to open that!"
Tyler: "Yes, ma'am."
(Of course, it didn't stop him from continuing to open it, but it was the sweetest thing.)

11. Alyssa, playing a board game: "I hope Zac wins one time."
Zac: "Me too, otherwise I'm totally going to be singing the blues."


What made you Smile this week?
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment