Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 2/20/15

Jake (9), Alyssa (6½), Zac (5), Tyler (2½), Nicholas (2 months)


Happy Tuesday! We had a very busy weekend, so I'm just now getting to this post. Today is still a great day to Smile though!


1. Me: "Do you know the opposite of quiet?"
Tyler: "Yeah, drums!"

2. Alyssa, pointing to a book: "Which one is Madeline? This one? Why is she holding her (Miss Clavel) hand?"
Me: "Because she's always getting in trouble."
Alyssa: "Why?"
Me: "Because she's curious and mischievous. Remind you of anyone?"
Alyssa: "Tyler!"

3. Zac: "Ty's scribbling on all the paper! Look! He's scribbling on all of it!"
Me: "He's not scribbling; he's drawing."
Jake: "Some people call it art."

4. 

5. Me, teasing: "Are you kissing my baby?"
Tyler: "No, it's my baby!"

6. Me: "Do you realize that not everyone has a dishwasher and has to wash and dry the dishes by hand all the time?"
Alyssa: "No, they could have a clothesline." 

7. Zac:" What's school for anyway?"
Me: "To learn."
Zac: "But I know everything!"
Alyssa: "What's 10+10?"
Zac: "That's easy. 20."
Me: "What's 20-10?"
Zac: "Wellll, I don't know minuses."


8. Tyler, about Nicholas: "He wants to hold me."
9. Watching the kids push the baby around the house.

 

10. Nicholas was lying in bed crying while I was getting ready. I heard Jake go in the room and tell him, "Hey, bud, man up!"

11. Alyssa, as we were leaving for church: "I don't want to share Nick's cuteness!"

12. Alyssa, frustrated: "Tyler! Stop talking to me! I'm trying to read!" Tyler, laughing: " You stop talking to me! I'm trying to play! Alyssa! Alyssa! Alyssa? You stop talking. I'm trying to play! Alyyyyyssa. Alyssa. Alyyyyyysa. Stop talking! I'm a duck! Quack, quack. Alyssa? . . . "


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment