Friday, August 28, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 8/28/15

Jake (9½), Alyssa (7), Zac (5½), Tyler (3), Nicholas (8 months)


Happy Friday! Things have gotten back to normal after our yard sale last week--no more boxes all around the house! We've tried to relax a bit more this week and enjoy the end of summer before school starts full time again. So many reasons to Smile.


1. Me: "Jake, there's no way you cleaned your room that fast. What did you do? Throw everything under your bed?"
Jake, appalled: "No! . . . Zac did."

2. Tyler, as we sat in the van while Leighton ran into the store: "Can I drive?"
Me: "No."
Tyler: "But you're the mommy and I'm the daddy!

3.

4. Jake, to Alyssa, joking: "How dare you criticize me! Haha, I don't even know what that means, and I'm already using it."

5. Alyssa, about a character in her book: "He's like Tyler. But not that much trouble."

6. I had left my wedding rings sitting on the bathroom counter after I cleaned them while I was getting ready for church.
Tyler, pointing: "Can I have those?"
Leighton: "No, those are Mommy's rings."
Tyler: "But I like them."
Leighton: "So do I; that why I gave them to her."

7.

8. Jake: "Have you ever heard someone say, 'Don't leave a single stone unturned?' Well, I think someone said to Tyler, 'Don't leave a single thing unmessed with.'"


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment