Monday, September 14, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 9/4/15

Jake (9½), Alyssa (7), Zac (5½), Tyler (3), Nicholas (8 months)

Happy Monday! I had been hoping to get my Smiles posted before we left for vacation on the 4th, but I was busy with last minute preparations. Packing for 7 is work! Of course, the time away was much appreciated and enjoyed. Everything has been unpacked and put away, the house is in order, and we even completed the first official day of school today for the 2015-2016 year. Now that all the work is done, let's Smile!


1. Me: "Just play the game. You don't need the cards; you can't read."
Tyler: "I can't read?!?"
Me: "No . . . Can you?"
Tyler: "Yes. A, b, c, d, e, f, g . . . "

2. Alyssa, after Nicholas climbed across her to get to me: "He loves you. You're like a super hero to Nick."

3. Jake, about Legos: "Nick, no, these are building materials, not lunch."

4. Dressing up as cowboys for Round Up Sunday at church.


5. Leighton: "Did you go potty for bed?"
Tyler: "Yes, ma'am."
Leighton: "Yes, sir. Mommy is ma'am; daddy is sir."
Tyler, sincerely: "Yes, ma'am."

6. Leaving my parents' house:
Tyler, sad: "Papa didn't wave to me; only Gwamma did."
Me: "Papa waved goodbye."
Tyler: "No, only Gwamma waved to me."
Me: "Then who did Papa wave to?"
Tyler: "All my friends." (siblings)


7. I was standing in the kitchen, eating the last of the Nutella out of the jar with a spoon. Zac got out of bed and walked in. I quickly slid the jar across the counter with lightning speed and innocently turned to him.
Zac: "May I have some water, please? {gasp} Hey, I didn't know we had some of that!!! Is that called Nutella?"
Me: "Oops, you weren't supposed to see that . . . And it's called Mommy's."

8. Alyssa made puppets and a stage and put on a show for her brothers.


9. Zac: "I'm in love with too many people. Even people who are already married."
Me: "Oh, yeah? Like who?"
Zac: "Mrs. Shaw. (a lady at church) And Cinderella." 

10. Tyler: "Mommy, I want to spend the night. I want to spend the night . . . in my room. No, at Gwamma's! At Gwamma's! At Gwaaaammmaaaaa's!!!!!!!"

11. Jake: "Can you be good and quiet?"
Tyler, yelling: "I can be quiet!"
Jake: "And good."
Tyler, yelling: "No! I can only be quiet!"


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment