Thursday, April 28, 2016

Greemu: The Green Alternative to Emu Oil


I love reviewing products for my kids as part of the Schoolhouse Review Crew team, I truly do. The homeschooling resources such as curricula, games, CDs, DVDs, and online subscriptions are a blessing to our whole family. Every now and then though, I receive something specifically for me, the mom. How fun is that? Oh, I could share these things with the kiddos, but I don't see them jumping up and down in excitement over beauty products, haha. The latest of these goodies is GREEMU from Devonian.

Devonian is not a company I had previously known, but it is distributed by Koru Naturals, which I am quite familiar with. It is a science-driven company that is devoted to creating natural beauty products using plants. They believe that anything that we currently derive from animal products can be replaced with suitable plant alternatives.
 
Enter GREEMU.


GREEMU is the green alternative to emu oil. Emu oil itself is extracted from the fat tissues of emus. These flightless birds from Australia have been the source of the oil that has been used by thousands of years as a hair and skin moisturizer and to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Pure emu oil has a composition of fatty acids that is not found in other oils, giving it these benefits.

After two years of research, scientists at Devonian have developed a product with the same lipid composition using a blend of plant oils and butters in place of the animal product. GREEMU is made of a combination of macadamia seed oil, palm oil, shea butter, sunflower seed oil, and rice bran oil.

I have been using emu oil since I reviewed it for Devonian's parent company, Koru Naturals. I was interested to see how they compared. First of all, they look identical. Both are a milky white liquid with a thicker consistency. They both have a mild, almost nonexistent smell. Both require only a drop or two for application. The only difference I have noticed is that the GREEMU absorbs slightly more slowly than the emu oil.


Because this works in the same manner as emu oil I, personally, cannot use this one as a facial moisturizer. Even a small amount makes my skin break out. However, like the other, GREEMU has been working wonderfully as an eye cream. Having a little one who does not sleep well at night can make for a tired-looking momma. I started applying this product and was pleasantly surprised to notice a difference after only a couple days. My eye area looked more refreshed and hydrated. Also, I pointed out in my last review, that the emu oil helped to lengthen my eye lashes. I started using GREEMU and realized that my lashes had gotten thicker. Gotta love that!

This oil works well on razor burns, especially in delicate areas, and other rashes. I noticed that one of my kids had a bit of a rash one day. I applied a few drops of this on the spot. After one application it looked better. After two, the rash was gone completely.


I have nothing bad to say about this product. It works well and is all natural. If you already like emu oil, you'll be pleased with this alternative (that is less expensive, as well!) If you're looking for a beauty product without harmful chemicals and not derived from animals, try a bottle of GREEMU.



You can connect with Devonian (through Koru Naturals) on the following social media sites:
Facebook
Pinterest



You can read more reviews of this oil on the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog.

Crew Disclaimer
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment