Friday, August 25, 2017

Things That Make Me Smile 8/18/17

Jake (11 1/2), Alyssa (9), Zac (7 1/2), Tyler (5), Nicholas (2 1/2)


Happy Friday! This week, the kiddos painted, read books, and played with Legos. Things will be different around here for a while as I heal from a bad ankle sprain. The kids are helping out more, especially with meals, and my mom has come over to help some days, too. Of course, Leighton is picking up the majority of my responsibilities around the house in addition to his own daily tasks. The situation is not ideal, but it reminds me just how thankful I am for this family of mine. I am truly blessed and have numerous reasons to Smile. 



1. Tyler, getting tucked in at bedtime, dreamily: "I could hug you until morning."

2. Jake: "It is so weird how some cars have the engine in the back. It's like putting the cherry under your ice cream."

3. Jake: "Is the opposite of productive deductive?" Or antiductive? Or is it just ductive?"
Mae: "None of them, but good job with your prefixes. What's another prefix that means 'not'?"
Jake, thinking: ". . . Un! Unproductive!"

4.

5. Alyssa, after I commented about something: "That's what Dad said."
Jake, because this type of situation happens often: "How many times are you and Dad going to say the same thing? For the rest of your days?"

6. Nicholas: "I wike you, Mama."

7. Me: "I'm hungry."
Jake: "From my experience, saying 'I'm hungry' doesn't make a hamburger appear in front of your face. Trust me, I've tried." 


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment