Friday, September 8, 2017

Things That Make Me Smile 9/8/17



Jake (11 1/2), Alyssa (9), Zac (7 1/2), Tyler (5), Nicholas (2 1/2)



Happy Friday! I meant to mention this last week and completely forgot: Nicholas spent the night with my parents' for the first time! My mom took him to make things easier while I recover. I've mentioned a little before about how bad of a sleeper Nicholas has always been, but he did so well at their house that they kept him 2 nights. And he's even continued to do well at home! He still doesn't sleep much, but he's at least sleeping straight through most nights. That's a big reason to Smile.


1. Me, because Jake moved Nicholas' play kitchen to the living room: "Thank you."
Jake: "You're welcome. It was a piece of cake . . . Heh, it wasn't a good pun, but at least it was a pun."

2. Zac, after cutting 2 pieces of zucchini bread: "Which one do you want?"
Tyler: "I'll let you have the bigger one, because you're bigger than me. And I like being nice."

3.

4. Tyler: "How long did you do it?"
Me: "One minute."
Tyler, pointing to the microwave: "Yeah, but a minute on there is a long time."

5. Alyssa, after opening a new jar of creamy peanut butter: "Look how peaceful it looks."

6. Alyssa, at least a dozen times, the night before our first day of the new school year: "I am so excited for tomorrow!"

7.

8. Tyler, whining: "Zac's not playing nicely! I'm hitting him with lightning and he said it's not affecting him at all!"

9. Zac: "I like learning about fish."
Jake: "My favorite part about fish is that they're edible."


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment