Friday, August 10, 2018

Things That Make Me Smile 5/25/18


Jake (12), Alyssa (10), Zac (8 1/2), Tyler (6), Nicholas (3)


I have been logging the Things That Make Me Smile weekly for 7 years (almost to the date, too). It's hard to believe that it's been that long. It takes some effort to record all these funny and precious memories about my kids, but I am so thankful to have them for years to come. So much life happens in a day. I would never be able to remember all of it without these lists.

In all that time, I've never been as behind on my lists as I am now. Life is always busy as a homeschooling family of 7, but this summer has been extra busy. I don't have any reviews to write over the next few weeks, so I'll be trying to catch up on Smiles during this time. When I get behind, I'm awful at recording quotes, so I'll be combining some weeks, too.

Get ready to Smile!


1. Nicholas, asking for chunks of peanut butter cup granola that was cooling: "Mama, can I have two? I have two eyes."

2. Nicholas, at church: "Where's Papa?"
Me: "He's on vacation."
Nicholas: "Really? Well, where's Gramma?"

3. Mother's Day


4. Nicholas: "Cheeseburger pizza, my favorite! Yummy! Good eats!"

5. Jake: "Do you know who my favorite chef is?"
Me: "No."
Jake, smirking: "Bobby Soufflé. (a play on Bobby Flay)

6. The kids love asking Siri questions. This response made me laugh.

7. Jake, making dinner: "I like chicken. Better than a lot of things . . . Like plants."

8. Family walk to 7-11.


9. Alyssa, eating a  peanut butter cookie fresh from the oven: "Mmm, these cookies are delicious. The best cookies I've had since the last time you made cookies."

10. The kids and I were playing Apples to Apples. It was Zac's turn to pick and his word was treasured.
Zac: "Someone put mom in and you'll win, for sure."

11. Jake: "Nicky is like a sprinkler. You load him up with toys and they spray everywhere."



What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment