Friday, October 26, 2018

Things That Make Me Smile 7/13/18

Jake (12 1/2), Alyssa (10), Zac (8 1/2), Tyler (6), Nicholas (3 1/2)


Happy Friday! This week, Alyssa was away at junior camp with our church. The boys filled their days with bubble blowing, slip-n-slide splashing, birthday party going, and extra rambunctious-crazy-wrestling-bouncing-boy-fun.


1. Nicholas, eating a plum: "I call dis a yum ball!"

2. Alyssa, first thing after waking up the day she left for camp, since Leighton was at work: "I miss Dad already."

3. 

4. Nicholas, after Alyssa left for junior camp: "Mom, we need Lyssa! There are tigers at the camp!"

5. Tyler: "Mommy, I love you."
Me: "I love you, Ty-Ty."
Tyler: "I don't know how many times I say I love you to you."
Me: "Neither do I, but I like it."
Tyler: "I say it all the time, because I like you."

6. Zac's note for Nicholas.

7. Leighton designed and built a new table and benches for our kitchen. It fits our space so much better. I love it for many reasons, but most of all because he made it for me. I wrote a silly poem about our old one. Even though I am glad it's gone, I appreciated having it all those years.


8. Tyler: "What is that?"
Me: "Spinach noodles."
Nicholas, shocked: "No, those are carbs!"
Me: "It's ok. Just Daddy and I are not eating a lot of carbs right now."
Nicholas: "Oh. Can I have some carbs, please?"

9. I quickly spread Babybel cheese on crackers and broke some of them.
Nicholas, frustrated, pointing: "Mom, why did you do that? And that and that and that?"
Me, sarcastically: "I'm sorry I didn't spread that up to your standards."
Nicholas, agreeing: "I'm sorry too."



What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment