Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Things That Make Me Smile 7/20/18

Jake (12 1/2), Alyssa (10), Zac (8 1/2), Tyler (6), Nicholas (3 1/2)


It's a bonus list this week as I'm working to catch up on late Smiles!

This week, we got some painting done both inside and out in our back porch, Alyssa made a loaf of golden white bread, and we had game schooling day. We also went geocaching and picnicking at a new park. At our first cache, Zac was standing on a decaying log that apparently had a wasp nest inside. The wasps defended their home by attacking our family. There was a total of 16 stings for 5 of us with Zac receiving 7 of them. We abandoned our adventure and limped back to the van, stopped for slurpees, and spent the evening playing UNO together instead. It was a scary situation for the kids, but they were brave and had good attitudes afterwards. 


1. Zac, sincerely, after the wasp incident: "This was my first time getting stung, and I think it may have been too big of a first experience."

2. Jake: "Sadly, Dad doesn't think any of the wasps were radioactive, so I'm not going to wake up in the morning with super wasp powers."

3.

4. Zac got up in the night because of the pain in his finger from one of his stings. We put a paste on his finger, read information about wasp stings, and ate some chocolate chip cookies that I had made earlier that day.
Zac, in the morning: "I think it was your cookies that made my finger feel better, Mom."

5. Nicholas, about his food, pointing to the microwave: "I want to freeze it like Zachy did."

6. Jake, teasing: "It's a free country! I shouldn't have to do that."
Me: "There's the door. Bye."
Jake: "Wait, what?"
Me: "Well, if it's a free country and you don't want to do what I say, you're free to leave."
Jake: "But, it's your job to take care of me."
Me: "And it's your job to obey."
Jake, still teasing: "But it's my job to explain to you why I shouldn't have to do it."
Me: "And it's my job to explain to you why you're wrong."

7.

8. Me: "You look like Daddy."
Nicholas: "Daddy look like bald."

9. Nicholas: "Jakey, what are you doing?"
Jake: "Shining my shoes."
Nicholas: "I want you shine my foots." {gets his shoes and starts rubbing them with his blanket}

10. Nicholas: "You are a crazy boy."
Me: "No, you are a crazy boy."
Nicholas, reprimanding: "Mama, are you arguing?"


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment