Friday, March 27, 2020

Things That Make Me Smile 3/20/20


Jake (14), Alyssa (11 1/2), Zac (10), Tyler (7 1/2), Nicholas (5)



Happy Friday! This week we made triple berry muffins, assembled a couple puzzles, did some deep cleaning around the house, and enjoyed being together as a family.


1. We spent the day building a giant Rube Goldberg machine throughout the living room.

2. Nicholas: "A long time ago, when I was 4 . . . "

3. Alyssa: "I find it funny that Mom and Dad are putting together the puzzle that they got us for Christmas."
Me: "Why do you think we bought it?"

4. Tyler playing with our Brain Blox.


5. Jake: "If I had billions of dollars, I'd buy you a new house. Actually, if I had billions of dollars, I know what I'd do first. You know how the church wants to build that like $9 billion building? I'd just give them the whole amount. And then because $9 billion looks messy, I'd just give an even 10. Then I'd buy you a new house."

6. Zac, assembling a puzzle about the US presidents: "What's a Whig?"
Nicholas: "I know what a wig is. You wear it on your head."

7. Since everyone is supposed to stay at home right now, our church building has been empty, but our pastor is streaming the services live.
Pastor: "The greatest thing you can do for your family right now is not to stock up on staples, but . . ."
Kids, looking around confused: "Staples? Why would you need staples?"

8. Nicholas, singing the Alphabet song: "A-B-C-B-L-E Yes, that's the book for me. Wait-- {laughs} I was singing the Bible." 

9. Tyler, playing Continent Race and reading the Kyrgyzstan card: "I found Crazy-stan!"

10. Nicholas was watching Alyssa complete her drawing lesson for the day and asked, "Why are you doing dot-to-dot?"


11. Jake: "Mickey, Donald, and Goofy get thrown into the fiery furnace, and the guy getting ready to throw them in says, "Mmm, roast duck."

12. Alyssa, watching a hockey game: "What happens if they tie? Do they cast lots?"

13. Tyler, sitting on his bed because he had gotten in trouble: "Dad, can I get up?"
Leighton: "Yes, but stop bickering."
Tyler, from the other room: "What did you say?"
Leighton: "Stop bickering."
Tyler: "I can't hear you."
Nicholas: "He said stop pickling!"

14. Nicholas, pointing to the presidents: "That's George Washington. That's George W. Bush. And that's Donald Trumpet."


What made you Smile today?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment