Friday, April 1, 2011

90 Day Challenge

One of the couponing blogs that I follow challenged their readers to read through the entire Bible in 90 days. Ninety days. That's a lot of reading in a little time. I've read it through in a year, but never in three months. I absolutely love reading, but unfortunately, I haven't taken the time for that luxury very much since Zac was born. Sure, I read my Bible and sometimes a novel (I love Linda Chaikin's books!), but not nearly as much as before. Or as much as I'd like to.

I read the challenge, but didn't feel a soft pricking of the Holy Spirit. I felt a complete prodding, pushing, poking. "Hey, you need to do that." (Though I'm not sure the Lord says hey.) I knew instantly that I should take part in that challenge. I talked to Leighton about it and he agreed. 

So, starting today, we both are reading through the Bible, cover-to-cover, in the next 90 days. It averages out to 12 pages a day. Not so hard, right? Riiiight. But now that we've made the commitment, we will complete it. 

Join us, won't you? There are many reading schedules depending on if you're reading the whole Bible or just the Old or New Testament, and depending on the length of time such as a year or two or 3 months. Choose a plan that's right for you. We chose one that reads straight through instead of part in the Old Testament and part in the New. And of course, we'll be reading our good ol' KJV.

Let us know what plan you choose. We all need to draw closer to God through His Word. Happy reading!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment