Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Easter Brownies

Yesterday's baking was so easy, so fun, and so yummy! What more could you ask for?

Start by whipping up a batch of brownies.

Pour the batter in a greased, foil-lined pan.

After the brownies are baked and cooled, cut out ovals. We used round biscuit cutters because that's all we have.

This next step may be the most important of all.


I'm sure it is.


Don't miss it . . .


Make sure to eat the leftover scraps!         


Spread the pieces with frosting. We used chocolate because we had some extra in the fridge. And cause it's super good. Put the brownies in the fridge so the frosting can harden.

Make some colored frosting and be sure to leave them close to the edge of the counter so the baby can climb up on the step stool and help himself to the frosting while you're not looking.

With your best concentrating face, decorate the brownies to look like Easter eggs.

Take Jake's advice and  make some "macaroni and cheese" themed eggs.

Don't they just scream Easter eggs?

Choose the egg with the most frosting and devour it in seconds.

As soon as Alyssa saw that we were making brownies she said, "Mmm, chocolate. I love chocolate." That's my girl. I really think brownies should be added to the food pyramid. Fruits, vegetables, brownies. And that frosting? Heavenly. (You can find the recipe here.) It had been in the fridge, so I warmed it in the microwave to soften it up. Oh my goodness. I wanted to slurp it up through a straw! (I settled with a couple spoonfuls instead.) Yep, pretty sure I gained 5 pounds yesterday. Totally worth it though. As Jake was spreading it on his brownie, he channeled his Italian ancestors (Does he have Italian ancestors? I don't even know.) He proclaimed with perfect accent, "Ima makin a pizza!" 

Then he said something that made me so proud. So delighted to call him my child. I may have gotten a little teary-eyed. 

"It would be great to take a bath in this stuff!"


Yep, it's that good.

Pin It

1 comment: