Monday, July 11, 2011

Make It Monday: Rice Cooking

Wait a minute - what day is it?

It's Monday, right? Not Tuesday. So why, you ask, am I writing a post about cooking rice today???



Because that's just what we did - "cooked" with rice!

I pulled out our tub of uncooked rice and multiple tools from their play kitchen, and invited Jake and Alyssa to concoct a delicious meal.

They were slaving away, preparing a 5-star meal. Measuring. Mixing. Sauteing. Stirring. Pureeing.  The final product was well-worth the wait.


Our first course was one of Jake's recipes: skunk soup. (Hey, don't knock it 'til you try it!) It may have been the best I've had. It needed a bit more salt, but it was still very tasty.


From there, we moved on to a pasta dish. Mmm, spaghetti and meatballs. Let me tell you, those meatballs were cooked perfectly! And that sauce? Divine. We washed it all down with a nice cup of tea. 

The main course was a recipe that Jake's been trying to perfect for while. I think he did it this time. His bbq ribs were out of this world! I'd love to share the recipe for the seasoning, but I've been sworn to secrecy.


For dessert, Alyssa's was hard at work making her famous sugar cookies. It was a little frustrating when she noticed that someone switched the sugar with the salt (yech). Good thing it's easy to dump it all out and start over.


My mouth starting watering once I could smell these cookies baking. Alyssa defnitely has a knack for sweets. I indulged in 3 or 4 cookies at least. I couldn't stop myself. They had to pry the platter out of my hands. 



The whole meal was scrumptious. I really think they have what it takes to open their own restaurant. Or become personal chefs. Or write a cook book. 

But I just have one question . . . . 


  Who's going to wash all those dishes???
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment