Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Make It Monday: Foot Painting

Have I mentioned that my kids love to paint???

Oh, I have?

Well, they really loved this activity!

I squirted some tempera paint in the colors of their choice on a large sheet of paper.


And a-painting they went!


We tried holding the edges down with rocks from Jake's collection. Tried being the operative word.


Zac was unsure about painting at first.


 Then, he was positive that he didn't like it!


Hey, Zac! Don't you want to paint??? 

"Noooo!"

The other two . . . ahem, we three (I couldn't let them have all the fun!) thoroughly enjoyed it though and painted multiple pictures.


We filled a big bucket of water to wash off. As always, the activity turned into a science experiment. Jake was choosing his colors of paint for his pictures based on which colors he wanted to use in the rinse water.


As each picture was finished, we hung it on our clothes line to dry.


The great thing about this activity (other than feeling the cool paint squish between your toes!) is that you can reuse the pictures as wrapping paper, cards, in frames, etc. 


A fun activity, a science experiment, a reusable craft, and a painted patio to boot? Sounds like a winner in my book!  


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What fun! I really liked the expression on your youngest. :) Thanks for linking up on LINK YOUR MESS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks fun and incredibly messy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun activity. I know my kiddos would have a blast with painting with their feet. Thanks for sharing on Throwback Thursday Blog-Style. I can't wait to see what you share this week.

    ReplyDelete