Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pantry Suprirse 1/29/12

It's a joke in our house that we have pet squirrels. So often when we open the front door, 1 or 2 (or even up to 5!) squirrels will come running to our house. You can see them coming from down the street, going as fast as their little legs will carry them. When they get to our house, they just sit there looking at us, waiting for food. They are so used to us throwing out stale bread, crackers, pizza, cookies, cake, whatever the kids have left sit out. Sometimes when we leave the house, the squirrels will walk right up to the front door and just look at it. It's like they're saying, "Hey, I heard the door open. Where's the food?" They are trained. 

This is what I found a couple days ago when I was getting the mail:


That is a homemade biscuit (remind me to post the recipe one day!) in the back of our on-the-house mailbox. I have found all sorts of food in there. The squirrels think it's their own, personal pantry.

When I start finding toys in the back of the mailbox, then I'll be concerned.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment