Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Taking the Plunge

Have you heard of Thirty-One? It seems to be one of the hottest trends lately. The company sells purses, storage totes, organizational products, baskets and much more. Most items can even be monogrammed. The company started 9 years ago in the founder's basement and now have consultants all across the country. How have they flourished? I believe it's partly because of quality products. I also believe that God has blessed them for their focus on Him. The company's name Thirty-One is derived from Proverbs 31 which describes a virtuous woman who displays hard work, wisdom, encouragement, and care for others. That's what this company is all about. 

So why am I telling you this? Because I've finally given in. I'm taking the plunge. I'm placing an order.

If you know me, you'll understand that it's a pretty big deal. See, I'm cheap. I like to get things for as little money as possible. I coupon. I clearance shop. I won't pay more than $20 for a pair for tennis shoes. A little part of me dies every time I have to pay full price for anything.

Ok, maybe not that last part, but you get the point.

Why have I decided to buy something that I felt was far too much for me to spend? Because of  a sale, of course! I have been eyeing the All-In-One Organizer for a while, but didn't want to spend the $20. Sure, it's not a lot of money, but I already have tons of tote bags, backpacks, and whatnot. Then I saw one in person and fell in love. And come to find out, for every $31 you spend during the month of May, you get the All-In-One for only $5! Five dollars! That's a 75% savings. (Yeah, I'm good at math.) I do understand that I still have to spend $31 on something that is not on sale, but I can handle that. I already have plans for my purchases. I love, love, love all the pockets in the Organizing Utility Tote and I think the Square Utility Tote will be great for long trips in the van for holding games, books, activities, and toys. Or snacks. Or movies and music. The Mini Organizer would work well to corral some of our most used craft supplies like markers, scissors, ribbon, glue, and paint. I've heard only good things about their products. Maybe if I can get a few really good bags, I can get rid of the dozens of cheap ones that I own. 

Since I'm definitely placing an order, I figured I see if anyone else wanted to join me in taking the plunge. Or maybe you already have and realize there's something else you just can't live without. You can head over to my friends website and place an order. Hurry though, my party closes on May 29, 2012. Gotta make sure you get that $5 bag!

Have you been bitten by the Thirty-One bug (not 31 bugs)? What's your favorite product?
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment