Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pantry Surprise 10/13/12

We had our house broken into and robbed a couple weeks ago.

And the creep had the audacity to try it again.


Let me start at the beginning . . . 


It was a Saturday. The whole family left the house to run a few errands. I don't remember where we went. It's not important. All I know it that we came home to a ripped screen.


I distracted the kids while Leighton searched the house, looking for the intruder.

We never found him, but we do know he came in.

He even came back the next day, looking to steal more from us.






Yeah, I'm on to you buddy.


When he trespassed into our home, he knocked two small, glass bowls off the window ledge. One fell onto the counter, the other into the sink. It must have scared him off. 

But only after he was able to snatch one of our possessions.

A chicken wishbone lay helplessly on the window sill, drying in the warm air.

Instead of my kids breaking the bone and making a wish, that crook stole it and crushed their dreams in the process.

He's an evil one.  


I guess there were signs that we should have taken note of earlier. I mean, he was lurking around our house even before the break-in.

 
He scouted out our house more than once. He was looking for the best way in. 

And he waited until we left the house to make his move.


He's a sneaky felon.

Although, it did take him a couple tries before he found the perfect route into the house. 



But once he did, he couldn't stop himself from coming back for more. He's in deep. Robbery is becoming a way of life.

He was prowling around again today.


This guy will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

He even tapped on the window like he was trying to get my attention, mocking me. 


Maybe I will cook Leighton some squirrel soup like he's been wanting to try.

I wonder how it would taste with chicken . . . 

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! I was scared for you for a minute! Glad it is just a pesky Squirrel. Don't be mean and stingy, the cute little guy is hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing, we feed them all the time! Ungrateful little guy. :)

      Delete
  2. This is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these delightful images and funny story with us! Guaranteed to generate a chuckle and a smile. God bless!

    ReplyDelete