Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza

This is one of those recipes that I've been meaning to get posted for a while. When my friend asked me for the recipe, I knew it was time to get typing.

We love homemade pizza and make it often. Pepperoni, supreme, slices made-to-order, bbq chicken, personal pizzas, taco, Hawaiian--we're not picky. But my absolute favorite is cheeseburger pizza. Bacon cheeseburger pizza, at that.

I first started making it a few years ago, when I was wanting something different. I love cheeseburgers and figured I could use those same flavors to create a pizza. I stood looking at my dough, ready to be covered in yumminess, and got to work. The end result was delicious and instantly became a family favorite. We've been making it ever since.

  
I don't have specific amounts for the ingredients, because I never measure. I just cut and add until I have a desired amount. Use as much or as little of each ingredient as you want. Make it your own. That's one of my favorite things about cooking!

I hope you enjoy this pizza as much as we do.


Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Ingredients:
pizza dough
ketchup
mustard
ground beef, cooked
onions, diced and cooked
bacon, cooked and crumbled
shredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack, whatever is in the fridge)
lettuce, shredded
tomatoes, diced
pickles, diced
 
Directions:
1. Place your prepared pizza dough (optional recipe below) into pan. For this particular pizza, I like using my rectangular stoneware pan, instead of my big round pizza pan, because the thicker crust holds up better to all the toppings. Also, I add some onion and garlic powders when preparing the dough to enhance the flavors.
2. Squirt a generous amount of ketchup and mustard on the dough and spread it around. Add beef and onions, bacon, and shredded cheese. 
3. Bake for 18-20 minutes (14-16 for a thinner crust) at 400*.
4. When it’s done baking, add lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles. Let it rest a few minutes before cutting.


Pizza Dough
Ingredients:
1 3/8 cups water (70-80*) 
3 tbsp olive oil 
3/4 tsp salt 
4 cups flour 
2 tsp active dry yeast 

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in bread pan in order listed. Select "dough" setting. When dough is finished (will take 90 minutes) pat dough into pizza pan and top as desired. Bake at 400* for 14-20 minutes, or until desired doneness.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment