Monday, August 24, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 8/22/15


Jake (9½), Alyssa (7), Zac (5½), Tyler (3), Nicholas (8 months)



Happy Monday! We had a huge yard sale over the weekend. It went so well. Not only did we make some money, but we got a ton of stuff out of the house. We're still going strong with our Word of the Year. That's a big reason to Smile!



1. Alyssa: "Mom, how do you spell your name in cursive?"
Me: "The same way I spell it in printing."

2. Tyler, about his wooden train tracks: "Nicky 'stroyed it! He did it on purpose!"

3. Tyler, days after we were "arguing" about whether or not he's strong: "Oh, yeah, I'm strong, Mommy. You were right."

4. 

5. Zac, pointing to a picture of Oscar the Grouch in a book: "Does he live in a garbage can?"
Me: "Yes."
Zac, making a disgusted face: "I don't know why, but it's weird."

6. Tyler, at sunset with a very red sun: "Finally, Mars came!"

7. Tyler: "Mom, you're choc-o-lated."

8. Zac, joking: "I have difficulty hearing."
Jake: "What?"
Zac: "I have difficulty hearing."
Jake: "What?"
Zac: "I have difficulty hearing."
Jake: "What?"
Zac: "I have difficulty hearing."
Jake: "What?"
Zac, getting frustrated: "I have difficulty hearing!"
Me: "Zac, do you get the joke?"
Zac: "What? What joke?"


9. Jake, completely serious: "Will you tell Nicholas to stop trying to communicate. I can't understand him."

10. 

11. Alyssa, while trying to decide on a movie to watch as a family: "How about Lion King?"
Jake: "No! That's the oldest movie I know."
Me, looking up the release date: "It's from 1994. I was 12."

12. Zac calling funnel cakes "fun cakes."

13. Tyler: "Can she come, too?"
Jake: "She lives too far away. Where does she live anyway?"
Tyler: "At her house."

14. Jake: "What do we say if people ask how much the lemonade costs? Do we just tell them it's free?"
Me: "You could say, 'We're accepting donations.'"
Jake: "Or we could say, 'We're expecting donations,' haha."


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment