Sunday, November 12, 2017

Things That Make Me Smile 11/10/17

Jake (11 1/2), Alyssa (9 1/2), Zac (8), Tyler (5 1/2), Nicholas (2 1/2)


Happy Weekend! This week, we finished up another year with the Homeschool Review Crew, Leighton took Zac to the zoo for his special day alone for his birthday, the kiddos made some easy fall decorations, we celebrated Leighton's birthday, and we made sure to Smile. 


1. Tyler: "Mom, I think we have too many toys."
Me: "Can I get that in writing?"
Tyler: "But, Mom, pleeeeease don't get rid of any of my toys. I love them. I'm serious."

2. Tyler, to Zac: "I remember when you were 5. I don't remember when you were 6 though."

3. Me: "Does anyone realize that I'm up and organizing the pantry?"
Alyssa: "Yes."
Me: "Isn't that amazing?!"
Alyssa: "Yes. If you think it's amazing, I think it's amazing."

4. Nicholas, sitting on Jake's shoulders, squeezing around his face and clawing his eyes: "Hug. Let's be fwends."

5.

6. Alyssa, watching my dad make shapes with dominoes and give the names for shapes with 8, 9, and 10 sides: "Just when you think shapes can't get more complicated . . . "

7. Tyler: "I like socks. You can wear them on any feet you want!"

8. Jake: "What do you call a sea chocolate?"
Me: "Hmm . . . I don't know. What?"
Jake: "An M&Mone." (anemone) 

9. Nicholas, in bed at 10:30 p.m., wide awake: “Mommy, can I hold you? Mommy? Mommy! Can I hold you? Can I hold you, pease?!"
Me, from my room: "No." 
Nicholas: "Oh, man! Pease, Mama! Pease, Mama! Pease! I need my water. Where my cup? Hey, where my punkin? Pizza! Pizza. Pizza. Where is eberyone? Eberyone? Where are you? Hmm, my bess fwend . . . Sissa, turn on your light. Sissa, turn on your light! Sissa!" 
Alyssa: "Go to sleep."
Nicholas: "No, you go to fweep! {grabs a book to read} Dis go pirate. Hmm, dis go pirate, too. Dis go ship . . .”

10. Tyler: "Yesterday was my worst day ever."
Me: "It was? Why is that?"
Tyler: "I don't know."
Me: "It was the worst day but  you don't know why?"
Tyler: "Oh, that's right, yesterday wasn't my worst day ever. A long time ago was."
Me: "Well, why was that day your worst day ever?"
Tyler: "I don't know! I don't remember anything about that day."


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment