Friday, November 24, 2017

Things That Make Me Smile 11/24/17



Jake (11 1/2), Alyssa (9 1/2), Zac (8), Tyler (5 1/2), Nicholas (2 1/2) 



Happy Friday and Happy Thanksgiving! Our family has been abundantly blessed. What are you thankful for this week?


1. Alyssa, watching me ice cinnamon rolls: "There's a sight for sore eyes."

2. Tyler, sweetly: "Alyssa, you're the best sister I ever had."

3. Nicholas, hiding under all the pillows on my bed: "Mommy! Where are me?!"

4. Jake: "I got a joke! What kind of bird sings?"
Me: "Hmm, a mocking bird?"
Jake: "No. A chicken tenor!" (chicken tender)

5.

6. Tyler is notorious for sitting at the dinner table with his barely-touched food, long after everyone else has finished.
Tyler, 2 minutes after we discussed what he had left to eat: "I ate all my (raw) carrots!"
Me: "Really? That fast?"
Tyler: "Yes! . . . Oh, that’s right. I accidentally dropped them on the floor. Accidentally."
{I tell him to pick them up and eat them. Time passes. He eats 2 carrots. I encourage him to eat the last one.}
Tyler: "I ate them all!"
Me: "Good. Did you really eat them all? You’re sure?"
Tyler: "Yes."
Me: "Ok, but if I go in there and find your carrot, you’re going to have to eat 2 more instead of just that 1."
Tyler: "Weeeeeell, I’m just going to check to see if Nicky ( who hadn’t been in the kitchen for 20 minutes) dropped one of my carrots on the floor . . . Oh, yep, he did. And it’s even by his seat so I know he did it. {picks up carrot} Hey, it looks just like my last one!"

7. Tyler, looking in the mirror before we left to celebrate Thanksgiving with family: "Hey, I actually do look nice."

8.

9. Nicholas: "You need go rest."
Me: "I do?"
Nicholas: "Yes, on the couch. Your ankle hurts."

10. Jake, after Nicholas was acting silly: "I love that little baby."

11. Tyler, looking at his arm: "Hair is technically invisible unless there's a lot it."

12. Zac, about the dishwasher, because Tyler was getting a clean bowl: "Don't close it all the way, because then the green light will turn off and it will think it needs to wash the dishes still."
Tyler: 'Whoa, I didn't realize it was actually alive."


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment