Friday, October 19, 2018

Things That Make Me Smile 7/6/18

Jake (12 1/2), Alyssa (10), Zac (8 1/2), Tyler (6), Nicholas (3 1/2)


Happy Friday! This week we spent a lot of time enjoying the outdoors--roasting marshmallows over the fire, geocaching at the park, picnics on the grass, and playing in the yard. What made you Smile?


1. Nicholas and I were cuddling on the couch and practicing animal sounds.
Me: "Hmm, what next?"
Nicholas: "A pwincess!"
Me: "Ooh, good one. What does a princess say?"
Nicholas: "I love you, Dad."

2. Leighton and I spent the day alone canoeing to celebrate our 15th anniversary.


3. Nicholas, singing: "Dear, Jesus, I love you. Dear, Jesus, I love you. Dear, Jesus, I love you!"

4. Nicholas, lying across my legs: "Can you give me a back assage?"

5. Nicholas, eating a marshmallow: "So squishy! It looks like a trampoline."

6. The kids set up a free lemonade stand on the 4th of July to celebrate Independence Day with our neighbors. Because it was incredibly hot outside, many people stopped for a cool drink and were very generous with their donations. It was a memorable lesson in benevolence, kindness, and doing good.


7. Zac's chant to attract attention for the lemonade stand. 

8. Nicholas was in a daze after he woke up.   
Me: "What's wrong?"
Nicholas: "I am afleepy again."


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment