Thursday, April 29, 2010

Baby Food

Two of my favorite things are cooking and saving money. I experience both when making baby food. It is very simple to do and saves a ton of money. This time, I made peas. I thawed a bag (or half a bag because the other two kids stole the rest) and dumped it in my food processor along with expressed milk. Then, I blended it until it was a smooth consistency. After, I put it into an ice cube tray. Once frozen, I put the individual cubes in a freezer bag. Simple.

There is no wrong way to make baby food. You can use fresh, frozen, or canned fruits or veggies. You can use a food processor, blender, or a masher. You can add milk, water, or formula. You can freeze single flavors, mix them, or mix them once thawed. The possibilities are endless. It is extremely inexpensive and easy to do. Go ahead, give it a shot. Your baby will thank you. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment