Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Christmas Baking

It is no secret that we love baking in this house. Every Christmas we bake lots of goodies to send to neighbors, friends, and family. It's a tradition that we all love. Now that the kids are a little older, they help me with the baking. Though their "helping" may nearly double my time in the kitchen, we are making memories that I will cherish forever. I hope one day they too will look back on these times with fondness.

Excited to be baking.

Leveling flour is serious business.

They love the cookie press.

They are obsessed with sprinkles!

More sprinkling.

Coating the Oreos.

Taking a quick break for a picture.

The very best part of baking.

All the goodies except for one kind.

Leighton's plate to take to work.
We didn't take too many pictures this time. There was too much to do! We made no-bake cookies, sour cream cookies, white chocolate covered Oreos, milk chocolate covered Oreos, spritz cookies in trees and wreaths, brownies, fudge, and peanut butter bars. Whew, all in one day! I washed the dishes probably 5 times. For one thing, I don't like to work in a cluttered mess. For another thing, I don't have much room in the kitchen. I keep telling Leighton I want a bigger kitchen with lots of counter space for Christmas. So far, no such luck.

I didn't include the recipes this time since there would be 7 and take up a lot of space. If there's one that you would like, just let me know. Happy Baking!


* UPDATE*
We've since added some recipes. Those are now linked.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment