Monday, July 25, 2011

Pantry Surprise 7/25/11

I put Zac down for a nap, mopped the kitchen floor, and went in the basement with the other two kids while the floor was drying. Now that it's summer, we haven't spent too much time down there. Jake and Alyssa like going down and doing schoolwork at their desks. I love when they ask, "May I do this page, please?" I'm thankful they think learning is fun and not a chore.

While they were completing some workbook pages, I was trying to organize our hopefully-soon-to-be-new-classroom. I came across a box of noise putty that we used as prizes when we were in charge of junior church. My kiddies were thrilled to each get a container to play with.

They carried their putty with them everywhere they went, even outside in the sweltering sun. They showed me how the putty melted from the heat. It turned to slime and made a mess of their hands. This produced many smiles and replies of "Ewe! Gross!"  


A while later, I stumbled upon this scene. (Technically, both containers were in the fridge at first, but by the time I got a chance to take a pic, one of them had been removed.) The kids informed me that since the putties were so "melty" they needed to harden in the fridge, like chocolate. Smart kids! 



You can find the complete list of Pantry Surprises here.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment