Friday, January 6, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 1/6/12

1. Jake: "Alyssa, there's one rule you need to know about races - don't cheat."

2. Spending New Year's Eve at my parents' house with my brother's family. We have the same traditional dinner every year: shrimp, King crab legs, lobster tail, filet mignon, hassleback potatoes & Texas rolls. The food is always cooked perfectly and tastes amazing!  . . . the company's not bad either. 

3. All 3 kids had been in bed for 10 minutes when Jake got up.  He came out, squinting and rubbing his eyes and said, "I have a question for you . . . about how old I'm going to be in 20 years."

4. I was sitting at the table when Zac came over and climbed up on my lap. "Mommy, what doing?" he asked.  "Reading my Bible," I replied. "Oh, Jesus loves me!" he proclaimed. So we sang the song, countless times because every time we finished, I heard "Again, again!"

5. We made a giant chocolate chip cookie.

6. Jake: "Is Tyrone a catfish?"
Me: "No, he's an algae eater."
Jake: "An allergy eater?"

7. Jake: "Why can I push in here, but not here?"
Me: "You have organs there."
Jake: "What? I didn't eat any organs!" (instruments)  


 What made you smile this week?

Pin It

2 comments: