Friday, June 15, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 6/15/12

I hope you all had a great week. We've had something planned almost every day. The summer schedule is always so busy. Lots of fun, of course, but busy. So busy in fact, that we haven't even gotten our garden planted yet this year! We usually start with seeds, but with a new baby in March, I just didn't feel like going that route this time. Hopefully, we'll get a few things planted tomorrow. It'll be a smaller garden this year, but small is better than none. We did go strawberry picking early this week. So, expect some yummy recipes soon!

Oh! I almost forgot! My wonderful husband set up FeedBurner for me. So, to ensure you never miss a post, you can sign up on the right hand side where it says subscribe via email. Just enter your email address, and our posts will automatically be delivered to you. Yea! Easy peasy!   

Now, on to the smiles!


1. Zac: "Rarrrrrr! Rarrrrrr! RAAARRRRR!!! I'm a turtle." 

2. Jake spending the day at work with his daddy.

3. It makes me laugh when kids use cliches. I find it especially humorous when my kids use cliches that neither Leighton nor I use. Here are 2 instances from this week:  

Me: "Are you ready?"
Jake: "Ready as I'll ever be."

I was helping Alyssa get dressed. As I pulled the shirt over her head, she said, "Hey, who turned out the lights?"

4. We were playing with a bunch of toy people. Zac had a little girl and was making her talk. Jokingly, I told him, "You have to talk like a girl." He looked slightly perplexed as he thought about it for a few seconds. Then, his tone went up an octave as he made the girl talk more.

5. Jake, talking about Tyler: "He's so, so cute. I just want to rip his head off so I can keep it with me and look at it all the time."

6. Alyssa had been playing outside. As she ran through the kitchen on her way to her room, she said, "Mmm, dinner smells delicious!" (dinner = corned beef, potatoes, carrots, & cabbage)

7. Zac: "This is my buttley bellon." (aka belly button)

8. Watching Jake chase a squirrel all over our yard.

9. Jake, talking to Tyler: "Just wait until you get teeth. Then you can taste all the yummy stuff Mommy makes."

10. Alyssa: "Tyler and me are best buddies."

11. Alyssa: "What is this?"
Me: "Heavy whipping cream."
Alyssa, lifting it above her head: "It doesn't feel heavy to me."


What made you smile this week?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment