Friday, October 25, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 10/25/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5½), Zac (3½), Tyler (1½)


Happy Friday! This week we went to the Red Wings game, my grandparents house, and Family Fun Night at church. We read books, made pies, and had lots of smiles.


1. Zac: "I love you, Erika."
Me, surprised: "What?"
Zac, concerned: "Erika. That's your name, remember?"

2. Jake: "If heat rises, how come there's snow on top of mountains?"

3. Me: "Alyssa, please go get some socks."
Alyssa: "But there are no socks in my drawer."
Me: "There are no socks in your drawer? Why not?"
Alyssa: "Because I dumped them all out to see which ones were slippery on the kitchen floor."
Me: "Ok. So where are they now?"
Alyssa: "Behind the couch."
Me: "All your socks are behind the couch?"
Alyssa: "Yes."
Me: "Why did you put them there?"
Alyssa: "I didn't"
Me: "Who did?"
Alyssa: "I don't know."
Me: "Then how do you know that they're there?"
Alyssa: "I saw them there one day."

4.

5. Jake: "What?"
Me: "Nothing. I was just smiling at your daddy."
Jake: "Put that on your things that make you smile."
Alyssa: "It's already on."

6. Leighton, after the kids had gone to sleep: "Why are you out of bed?"
Zac: "I un-tucked myself in."

7. Zac: "Mommy, am I awesome?"
Me: "Yeah, you're awesome."
Zac: "Yeah, but I'm not pretty."

8. Jake asking his great-grandma if she wanted him to take her for a ride down the hill in the wagon.

9. Zac: "The clock the right. Seven comes after six."

10. 

11. Listening to Jake read the other kids a chapter book.

12. Jake: "Let's play a game! Let's see who's the sweatiest! Mom, you be the judge."
Me: "And what does the winner get?"
Jake: "They get to make everyone else smell their armpits!"

13. Jake: "I know what beds are for."
Me: "Sleeping?"
Jake: "No."
Me: "Jumping?"
Jake: "No . . . They're for storing all your toys under when you don't want to put them away. "


What made you smile?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment