Friday, August 1, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 8/1/14

 Jake (8½), Alyssa (6), Zac (4½), Tyler (2)


Happy Friday! We took the kids to Maker Faire last weekend. They had so much fun creating, making, building, tinkering, and playing with other people's projects. Alyssa was so excited to see Darth Vader and some other Star Wars characters. It was a long, but fantastic day.


1. Jake, about Alyssa because she won't pull her first (extremely) loose tooth: "Pulling teeth with that girl is like pulling teeth. Get it?"

2. Alyssa: "One days he's going to be stronger than mommy."
Me: "Yep, one day."
Jake: "Really? Stronger than you?"
Me: "Yes, one day you will."
Jake: "I'm going to be stronger than Dad, too."
Me: "Well, it's possible."
Jake: "Possible?!? One day he's going to be old! And he'll lose all his strength."

3. While at Maker Faire, we watched EepyBird's (the original Coke & Mentos guys) performance. The boys had opposite opinions: Jake sat right up by the stage and loved getting drenched in pop spray, and Tyler bawled throughout the whole thing each time he saw the reaction.


4. Zac: "When I'm a dad, will I work at Daddy's work?"
Me: "Well, that will be up to you."
Zac, concerned: "I want to, but I don't know how to get there!"

5. Zac was pretending to cook food for me at a restaurant. After raving about the food, I asked for the recipe. He explained that it was a secret recipe and brought it to me on a make-believe folded up piece of paper. I carefully opened the paper, read the precious recipe, and handed it back to him. I promised never to tell anyone the recipe. He immediately replied, "You can tell Dad." I love that even while playing make-believe, he knows that Mommy doesn't keep secrets from Daddy.

6. Alyssa, about sunglasses: "Try these on and see if they're too small or too big."
Zac, putting them on: "They're too medium."

7. Alyssa, while the boys were with my parents: "I wonder what Jake and Ty are doing about now. Probably making a cheesecake with Papa."

8.

 9. Zac, matter-of-factly: "Fairies aren't real, so the Tooth Fairy isn't real."
Jake: "Zac, I've lost 8 teeth, and I've gotten a dollar each time. The Tooth Fairy is real."
Zac: "No, fairies aren't real."
Jake: "Zachary, yes, the Tooth Fairy is real. How else do I get the money under my pillow?"
Zac: "Mommy and Daddy." 

10. Zac, looking at a picture of a Jack & Jill nursery rhyme: "I thought Jack had a crown."

11. Jake, because Tyler was setting up our chess board: "Why is he playing chess? He doesn't even know that the white team goes first."


What made you Smile this week?
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment