Friday, January 15, 2016

Things That Make Me Smile 1/15/16

Jake (10), Alyssa (7½), Zac (6), Tyler (3½), Nicholas (1)


Happy Friday! This week we went to a LEGO Master Builder competition, played in the snow, and started some new things for school.


1. Tyler, taking a bath: "I want more bubbles!"
Me: "Oh, I'm sorry, that was the last of it. We didn't have much in there."
Zac: "It looks like we're just going to have to do this the old-fashioned way. Ty, just swirl your hands in the water really fast and soon we'll have lots of bubbles!"

2. Tyler: "I saw that sound!"

3. Me, talking about strangers: "But that's probably not going to happen."
Alyssa: "Aw, I wanted to hit someone in the head with my purse."
Jake: That's what you have brothers for!"

4. Nicholas loves the vacuum. He chases it and tries kissing it the entire time it's running.


5. Jake: "What did the usher say to the guy who asked if he was the usher, 'Uh, sure.'"

6. Alyssa, eating cheese: "Colby jack is one of my personal favorites."

7. I was listening to Zac read his book, but looked away to answer a question for Tyler. I heard him read, "The cat crapped . . . " I thought, "What? We don't talk like that. Why is that in a children's book?" I looked over at the page. "Oh, that's an E, not an A. Crept. 'The cat crept.'" Gotta love early readers.

8. The kids wanted to take care of the snow before their daddy got home, so he wouldn't have to do it after working hard all day. They shoveled, cleared off the van, and put down salt.


9. Alyssa: "I like money, but it's not all I care about."

10. Tyler started this a couple weeks ago and does it multiple times every day over and over again.
Tyler: "I."
Me: "Love."
Tyler: "You."
Me: "I."
Tyler: "Love."
Me: "You."

11. Jake: "When you have tuberculosis, do you cough up blood?"
Me: "Yes, you can."
Jake: "That's what I thought. Ok, I made up a joke: A guy walks up to another guy and punches him and breaks his nose. His nose starts pouring blood. The other guy says, 'Hey, you have tu-broke-your-nosis.'"


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment