Jake (10), Alyssa (8), Zac (6½), Tyler (4), Nicholas (1)
Happy Friday! I have had good intentions of getting caught up on my Smiles lately, but there's just been so much going on at our house. We're enjoying summer and a lighter school schedule, working on a few projects, and having fun with some extra activities. I truly do plan to get at least one more list up within the next week, so don't forget to watch for it! You can never Smile too much.
1. Tyler, confused: "How come you keep calling my grandma Mom?"
2. Zac had to write sentences for a workbook page for school. He was given sets of words: flowers & May; summer & June; flags & July. His abstract thinking always amazes me (like #8 here and this picture). Instead of using June as a month like the other two sentences, he used it as a name. "June likes to play at the beach in summer."
3. Found written at the top of Jake's assignment: "I can not do this math paper as is it against my religious principles."
4. Tyler: "Mama, I think there are holes in the road."
Me: "Honey, you live in Michigan; there are lots of holes in the road."
5. Me: "Do you want ice cream?"
Alyssa: "Is there something else I can have? I had ice cream yesterday."
Me: "Whose child are you?"
6. Mother's Day
8. Jake: "Alyssa has a monster under her bed." (Alyssa and Tyler share a bunk bed.)
9. Alyssa: "I bet if there was a competition to see who could cut a strip of grass the fastest and Dad entered that he would win."
10. Tyler: "Mom, I'm never going to be a baby again."
Me: "I know. You're just going to get bigger and bigger."
Zac: "Yeah, and older and older. You're never going to be as old as Methuselah though."
Zac: "Yeah. Do you know how old Methuselah was? 969 years old."
Tyler: "Whoa! That's even older than mom!"
What made you Smile this week?