Friday, June 12, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 6/12/15

Jake (9½), Alyssa (7), Zac (5½), Tyler (3), Nicholas (5 months)


Happy Friday! This week has been filled with picture-painting, jewelry-making, board-game-playing, dessert baking, and book-reading. And lots of Smiling!

1. Jake: "I wish God made a vegetable that tastes like syrup."

2. Tyler, at Boyne Mountain: "I can see Boinging Mountain from here!" 

3. Jake, reading a book: "I don't mind too much if people make grammar mistakes, except for one thing: snuck. Ugh, that one really bugs me!"

4. Watching Tyler squirt himself with a spray bottle.


5. Alyssa: "Do you have any friends in the nursery?"
Tyler: "Yeah, Gwamma."

6. Zac: "I know where reindeer live. In the rain forest!"

7. Tyler: "Mommy, there's an M on my car! And when I turn it upside down, it changes to a W!" 

8. Zac, reviewing his incorrect answers on his online math program: "Oh! The blue button comes after the cherry. I picked the green one the first time, because I thought it was chasing after the cherry like, 'It's after me!'"


9. Me: "Why are you still up?"
Her: "I just finished my book! (the book that she had just started that night)
Me: "You've been reading this whole time? You were supposed to go to sleep a long time ago."
Her: "I didn't mean to read the whole thing. It was just so exciting I couldn't stop. I just had to know what was going to happen next."

10. Tyler: "Mommy, you're my BFF."

11. Jake, adamantly: "I am not marrying someone who goes to the store and always buys canned food."
Me: "What if she's never been taught how to cook? Don't you think you could teach her? Or I could?"
Jake: "Yeah, you can teach her. Every Saturday."


In case you missed it, last week's Smiles were posted last night.


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment