Wednesday, June 29, 2011

90 Day Callange - Complete!

We finished! It has been almost 3 months since we started our challenge of reading through the Bible in 90 days. Leighton has been done for 2 days, and I finished yesterday. I had been right on track (or even ahead of schedule!) until last week when I fell behind. The program we used incorporates 2 days of grace, thankfully. I surely appreciated that extra day!

As I said at the half-way point, it truly was a blessing doing this challenge. There were things we had to set aside in order to accomplish our goal. We were determined to spend more time in God's Word, and as a result, drew closer to Him. Reading such large portions each day really has advantages. It was very interesting noticing similarities in different passages. It also helped to set a mental timeline of the events. 

It feels wonderful knowing that we achieved our goal! But you know what? We're not done. We still had to have devotions today. And we're still going to have to read our Bibles tomorrow. Isaiah 58:2 says "Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God."

The Word of God is powerful. I love this passage in Psalm 19 that describes It.

"7. The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb."

I am so thankful we took part in this challenge. I definitely plan to do it again sometime.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new on the crew with you this year and had to comment on this post. I did the Bible in 90 days this year too! Was Heidi from TOS your mentor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! No, actually a couponing blog that I follow (http://www.savingaddiction.com/) encouraged their readers to take part in the challenge. So, we did!

    ReplyDelete