Friday, September 30, 2011

Things That Make Me Smile 9/30/11

1. We went to an outdoor art festival with games and crafts for the kids, various vendors, and multiple shows. After the magic show, the elderly lady who sat next to us said,  "What lovely and well-behaved children you have. It was a pleasure to sit with you."

2. While at the festival, we bought hot, freshly-made kettle corn. Jake said, "We shouldn't call it popcorn; we should call it hotcorn."

3. Alyssa told me, "I can say 'thank you' in Spanish." She scrunched up her face and said in a  high-pitched silly voice, "Thank you!" 

4. Listening to Jake sing "Bringing in the Sheets." (sheaves)

5. Alyssa: "Whenever I see flowers that are ripe, I pick them for you."

6. We had just made cherry Kool-Aid, and Jake asked, "Is it wild cherry? 'Cause it tastes wild."

7. Alyssa put on her dress for church backwards. When I told her to turn it around, that the bow went in the back, she was very distraught. After she turned it around, she said with her head down and barely a whisper, "Mommy . . . I'm heartbroken."

8. The kids were eating breakfast at the table. Leighton opened the pantry door, took out what he needed and left the door open. Zac looked at the door, looked at him, and said, "Daddy, no. Uh-uh. Uh-uh." He then climbed down out of his seat, walked over to the pantry, closed the door, and went back to his breakfast. That's my boy! 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. We stumbled over here coming from a different web address and thought I may as well
    check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you.
    Look forward to finding out about your web page yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this blog.
    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's very
    hard to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance.
    I must say that you've done a superb job with this.

    Also, the blog loads extremely fast for me
    on Firefox. Outstanding Blog!

    ReplyDelete