Friday, December 16, 2011

Things That Make Me Smile 12/16/11

1. Jake, my tiny 40-pound 6-year-old, asked, "Can I be a sumo wrestler when I grow up?"

2. . . . Two minutes later, he asked, "Can I be a cyclops when I grow up?" (So much for the high aspirations he had HERE.) 

3. Jake felt the baby kick for the first time! He was so excited and had the biggest smile.

4. Alyssa new thing is "It's my favorite." Every movie she sees -  "It's my favorite." Every shirt she wears - "It's my favorite." Every meal she eats - "It's my favorite." Every toy she plays with - "It's my favorite." My favorite of her favorites was the other day when she said, "What's this? . . . It's my favorite."

5. We needed brown-colored frosting for the reindeer cupcakes, but we had only buttercream and we were all out of cocoa. I took a container of chocolate ganache out of the refrigerator to mix with the buttercream. I left it on the counter to warm to room temperature. When I came back into the kitchen a little while later, I found this scene:   
 


6. The other day, I was apparently playing hide and seek. Zac came running into the kitchen and yelled, "I find you!!!" He ran back out and said, "hide and seek." Had I only known, I may have hidden better.

7. We made cookies with part chocolate chips and part plain M&Ms. Jake told me, "These cookies taste sooo good, it tastes like you didn't even bake them right." Slightly confused, I asked for an explanation. "They taste better than the recipe makes them. These are the BEST cookies ever!" I think he kinda liked them. 

8. Jake: "I can't wait til I grow up and have kids."
Me: "Why's that?"
Jake: "'Cause I won't have to take care of them, but I'll still get to see them 'cause I'll love them."
Me: "Since you'll be the daddy, you won't have to take care of them?"
Jake: "Yeah. My wife will. I'll just go to work. I still don't know who I'm going to marry though."



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment