Friday, January 27, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 1/27/12

This week's smiles are a little different. Ok, a lot different.  In fact, I don't even have a list of things this week. It's not that I didn't smile or that my little ones didn't do or say anything smile-worthy, it's just that, well, I've been lazy. Part of the reason I started this section on the blog is because I've found that if I don't take the time to write down the precious things my kids do, I'll forget them. Like forget within 10 minutes. So often, they'll say something and if I don't stop right then to write it down, I'll be kicking myself and saying, "Now what was that he said? I know it was funny. That's why I'm supposed to write it down!!!" And I have that conversation with myself every time I forget. It's pitiful. 

There were things this week, like Jake pausing the construction of his LEGO creation to help his little brother build the Geo Trax, Alyssa telling me she wanted to live in the water bottle with the soy sauce packet, the little baby kicking my belly so hard one night it woke me up, both Jake and Alyssa asking to play their new reading game (review coming in a few weeks), Zac kissing my belly and telling the baby "I love lou!" 20 times, holding Alyssa and rubbing her back while she slept (poor baby has been so sick), and Leighton coming home from work early one day.  

Sometimes we get so caught up in the every day nitty gritty of living that we forget to stop and remember the little things that make us happy. Make sure to take time today to appreciate those you love.


And if you can't think of anything, just know, today is National Chocolate Cake Day! That'll bring a smile to any face! I'll have to wait until tomorrow to eat my chocolate cake though. Be looking for the post of Leighton and the kids making my cake. I promise, it's not as complicated as last year! And I even promise to behave and stay out of the kitchen! {gasp} It'll be hard, but I can do it. And when I do venture back in there to clean the flour spilled across the counter, wipe up the batter splattered on the cupboards, and wash the many dishes, I even promise to smile.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment