Friday, March 9, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 3/9/12

1. It was past the kids' bedtime, but I couldn't bear to send Jake to get ready. He was sitting on the couch reading about the birth of Jesus in his Bible.

2. The next morning, Zac picked up Jake's Bible and asked him, "Bub-bub, you read Bible me?" And he did.

3. Me: "Are you going to be a good big brother?"
Zac: "Yes."
Me: "Are you going to help Mommy with the baby?"
Zac: "Um . . . no. Lyssa will."

4. I opened a cup of applesauce for Zac, but left a small strip of of the seal on the edge. He refused to eat it until I removed every last bit of the foil from the cup. I am the same way. I think it's funny (a curse, perhaps?) when our children acquire the same quirky characteristics that we have.

5. Me: "Jake, can you please stop talking for 5 minutes?"
Jake: "Sure . . . (4 seconds later) Is a meteor just a piece of rock? Is it hot? Can you touch it? What will happen to you? Hey, watch this! Whoa, that was close! That was so cool! . . . . " And on and on it went. (And yet another mommy trait. Oops.)

6. Alyssa had a stuffy nose. She blew it, and said, "Now my ear is humbling." (humming)

7. Jake to Alyssa: "God can do anything. He can even turn you into a frog!"


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment