Friday, May 25, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 5/25/12

This was a very smile-worthy week. Happy Friday!


1. The kids had asked if they could go next door to their friend's house. I told them they had to ask his mom if it was ok. When they returned home a couple minutes later, I asked why. Alyssa told me, "They said we could stay, but we don't want to stay-stay. We just want to play for a little while." She thought they meant stay as in stay there forever.

2. Zac: "The water makes me thirsty."

3. Alyssa (4 years old): "I know how to swim."
Me; "You do? When did you learn?"
Alyssa: "When I was little."

4. When Zac prays by himself, he always says, "Dear Jesus, amen." He wanted to pray for breakfast, so I helped him. When we were done, Jake said, "Wouldn't it be funny if he prayed all by himself, 'Help me keep the pancakes all to myself'?"

5. Jake: "God can't flood the earth again. He can flood a state or something, but not the whole earth. He promised."
Alyssa: "Did He cross His heart?"

6. Zac asked for cake for breakfast as soon as he woke up. When I told him no, he said, "Mommy, be nice. You be nice to me."

7. Jake: "Who's the strongest man that still lives? Is it Dad?"

8. Zac: "Mommy, I wanna tell you someding."
Me: "What's that?"
Zac: "Jesus wuvs me!"

9. Alyssa: "I can't wait until I'm a real princess."

10. I heard a frantic "Mommy! Help me!!!" I ran into the bathroom and froze. I debated if I had time to run back out and grab my camera, but the look on Zac's face made me help him instead. He was hanging upside down in the air. His shorts caught on the drawer knob as he was climbing down off the counter. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

11. Alyssa: "I love Papa forever because he loves me."

12. Jake: "How come you're 30, but you don't look like you're 30?"
Me: How old do I look?"
Jake: "Seventeen. But taller."


What made you smile this week?

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. The weekly "Things That Make Me Smile" are priceless. Keep writing them!!

    ReplyDelete