Friday, May 4, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 5/4/12

Happy Friday! This week was a little slower paced than it has been lately. I missed Jake's soccer game on Tuesday since it was still too chilly to be taking the baby. He still had a good cheering section though: daddy, Alyssa, Zac, grandparents, great-grandparents, uncle & aunt, and cousins. We have a very supportive family! My brother's family came over after the game. A lot of laughing took place that night. The weather finally warmed up by Thursday, so all 6 of us headed  out to Jake's practice. It was Tyler's first time "playing" outside. Last night was . . . interesting, to say the least. Between Tyler, Alyssa and Zac - especially Zac - I got very, very little sleep. It was so bad that it reminded me of this day which then reminded me of that day. And then I realized that March 15 came and went this year without my realizing it.  Finally!

Now . . . on to the smiles!

1. Me: "What kind of snake is good at Math? 
Jake: "Hmm, I don't know."
Me: "An adder. You know, one that adds."
Jake: "But do they really know math?"

2. Jake: "Why are you still eating if you're full? I know. You stomach is full, but your mind is still hungry."

3. Jake made a realistic-looking TV out of LEGOs. He even gave it 2 buttons to "change the commercials." Even he knows that you channel surf during commercials!

4. Zac asked to kiss baby Tyler. He was standing on the side of me that was holding Tyler's feet. As I leaned down so Zac could reach him, he said, "Not the bottom!"

5. Mother Goose Day, but especially this:


6. Last month, Leighton took apart our dryer and cleaned it out. This month, our gas bill was cut in half! I'm so thankful for a handy husband.

7. The kids were playing outside and took off their shirts because it was so hot. Alyssa was not happy that I made her keep hers on though. "I'm mad. I'm really mad. I wish I was a boy!"

8. Our science experiment this week. (Post coming soon, but here's a sneak peak.)

9. My dad had a "snowball" fight in the backyard with the kids. The ammo? Blooms off my mom's snowball bush. 

10. Alyssa was practicing writing her letters. After a few minutes she said, "I never get tired of making s's!"

11. And a few minutes later she said,  "I never get tired of s's, but I sure do get tired of lower case a's!"

12. Tyler's first smile that was caught on camera.
 


What made you smile this week?



Stop by Finding Joy to read other smiles.
friday favorite things | finding joy 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment