Today is a day for celebrating! It's Jake's half birthday! It's National Doughnut Day! It's my niece's high school graduation day! In other words, it's a busy day. Tomorrow is just as busy. Life passes so quickly. Make sure you take time to enjoy the small, simple things. Make sure you smile.
1. Jake: "What could you buy with 3 houses full of money?"
Leighton: "You could buy just about anything with it."
Jake: "I bet you could buy just about anything, but you couldn't buy your way into Heaven."
2. Alyssa: "Mommy, can baby Tyler fit back in your tummy?"
3. Jake: "My nose tells me we're having biscuits and gravy."
4. Alyssa, laughing: "Tyler spit up and he's smiling. He's so proud of himself!"
5. Jake, talking about the lines on his wrist: "This is where God sewed my hand to my arm before I was born."
6. Me, trying to get Alyssa to cross the street: "Hurry, hurry, hurry! I don't want you to get run over."
Alyssa: "And I don't want to get flat."
7. Alyssa, while brushing her hair: "Look, I'm giving my hair a re-do."
8. Zac and I were blowing kisses back and forth. When I stopped, he said, "Mommy, hand kiss!" How can you ignore a command like that?
9. Jake was eating a cupcake from a bakery and said, "You can make better ones, Mom"
10. Me: "I don't think so."
Alyssa: "Uh huh. Jacob told me."
Me: "And Jacob knows everything?"
Alyssa: "Yes. Well . . . Jacob thinks he knows everything."
What made you smile this week?